Keeping your mouth safe, means keeping your braces clean. When implementing your brushing and flossing routine while wearing braces, use caution and brush slowly and safety to avoid accidentally damaging them. Because flossing can be difficult with braces, it may be necessary to add an additional level of care such as mouthwash. In addition, consider these important tips to keep your braces clean and strong:
– If any wires break or snap off your braces, cover the broken end with a piece of wax and call your orthodontist as soon as possible.
– Never forget to attend any appointments that you have with your orthodontist.
– Even with braces, you still need to brush your teeth twice every day and floss once daily.
– Always make the effort to clean your retainer and keep it clear from bacteria and contamination.
– Avoid foods and snacks that can get easily wedged in between your braces and teeth, including chewy candies, hard or tough foods and snacks, and various types of nuts.
– Always wear safety equipment when playing contact sports or doing high-risk activities, including mouth guards, face masks, helmets, and any other safety gear that is compulsory to protect your mouth.
To discuss your brace and aligner options with Dr. Christopher Corsa and the rest of our team at Corsa Orthodontics, simply schedule an appointment with our orthodontic office in San Jose, California. Our number is 408-997-7772, and we look forward to aligning your healthy smile!